Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Taking Care of Your Nails

I don't know why, maybe because I'm a little lazy, or maybe I secretly have always wanted to be a girl, but I've always let my nails grow long.  Sometimes I let them get really long, and my wife will make me cut them, but for the most part they stay at a decent length for a girl like me.

And you know what?  Most people don't even notice.  I like keeping them long, but lately I've noticed that they need a little maintenance.  The most important reason for me is for the protection of my delicates.  Yes, more than once, I've had that tiny, tiny jagged edge on one on my nails, and put on some panties or stockings, and snap I tug out one of the tiny fibers in my clothing.

If you're like me, you've probably spent a lot of time and money on your feminine things, and to get a snag in something, no matter how tiny, can be heartbreaking.

Lately, I've been filing my nails.  I did it a few times in the past to feel girly, but to tell the truth, it wasn't doing anything for me, but recently, I've been watching TV, and filing my nails to get them nice and smooth and even.  All of a sudden, it hit me, "Wow, this is exactly what a girl would do!"

It felt relaxing and engaging, and I suddenly realized that because I wasn't doing it to play a role, I was doing it for a practical purpose, it felt good, and one of those girly feelings went through my body as I relaxed and made my nails perfect in my spare time!

Of course, I'm still an amateur.  There's probably a lot more that I need to learn, but I feel like I've begun a new chapter in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment