Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Shaving the Sissy Face

I've always had some sort of facial hair since my college days.  It was just easier to let it grow, and eventually I had a beard.

It's funny how desires change.  My beard was never really thick along my jawline, just barely enough to call it a beard, and I used to wish that my facial hair was thicker, like a manly man.

I guess I was still convincing myself of the myth that I was a real man back then.  Recently, my facial hair has been intermittent.  Sometimes, when I know I want to go on an outing, I shave it off.  Of course, if I'm going to go out and wear makeup, I know I need to shave as closely as possible, and that means against the grain.

I've realized something in the few times that I have done this.  The first time I shave, my face lets me get away with shaving against the grain.  My face is baby smooth, and besides for a few nicks, it's perfect for putting on a layer of foundation over.  I usually wait a few hours to let my skin rest before I put the foundation on though.

The first time I do it, it goes well.  My face is smooth, and there is little sign of stubble.  I can go out on a crossdressing adventure and have fun.

In the few times when I did have my crossdressing outings, I wanted to go several days in a row, and continued to shave.  What I've noticed is that the second and third day isn't so kind on my skin.

That's the problem that I've run into.  The second time that I shave against the grain, I'll notice a few bumps forming on my lip  The third day in a row, it really comes back even more, and the thing is, the raw, bumpy, irritated skin does not look feminine, and all the foundation in the world will not cover it.

I even tried shaving with conditioner, like I read on another blog, but that didn't seem to help.

For now, I've come to realize that I need to let my skin rest.  I haven't figured out a magical formula yet, but I know one day of a fresh face means a few days after when I cannot go out at all.

1 comment: