Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Drawing Attention: The Male Stare

On one of my Stepping Out adventures, I did have a little side adventure at a supermarket.  It wasn't really that adventurous, but that's part of what I liked about it too. 

It was late, and I didn't want to go home.  I realized the limited options that I really had for going out dressed up, so I popped into the supermarket at night.  It was pretty dead, there were a few people meandering about, squeezing melons, listening to the soft tunes of the elevator music playing overhead.

I was far enough away from most people that I wasn't really that nervous, but I still walked a tiny bit cautiously and conservatively past the produce aisle.  As I reached the other part of the store, it was a lot emptier.  Some aisles I had all to my own.  Enjoying the moment to be a little bit more free, I experimented with my feminine movement, being extra girly in my walk, my mind, and how I interacted with things.

It was a freeing feeling, and it made me feel more feminine.  As I emerged from the end of one aisles, I walked past the meat section where an old man was standing.  I was walking straight toward him, and he was leering at me.  I don't know if he just appreciated my feminine dress in an era when most women wear jeans to the store, or if he thought I was sexy, but he just stared and checked me out.

It was a weird feeling being checked out by a guy.  I politely walked by, not too engaging, but not afraid either.

For me this was a confusing moment.  Unlike most sissies, I'm not attracted to men.  But it makes me think.  The whole point of dressing up and being pretty for a girl is to attract a mate.  I, too, want to dress up and be pretty, but I don't necessarily want to draw male attention.

It does make me wonder if something like this will happen again.  I guess it's flattering, but frightening in a way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment